Many of you asked me for Business Forms, Calculators, Tools and Templates or anything that may help. Here I post some. This is by no mean all inclusive, in fact I spent a day to search and gather all these links. I hope it is useful. If you have good resource of such, please feel free to post them here. Good means: free [or affordable], relevance and useful, and NO commercial [promotion] purposes. Enjoy!
Disclosure: I have no affiliation with any of organization/companies/institution featured here [and all other posts in this site]. They are featured here merely because of I think they are useful and worth to be shared to all my readers based on my personal judgment. Therefore I don’t receive any rewards in any forms.
Tools and Templates (Help for Small Business)
- Balance sheet template—for a sole proprietorship can be modified for corporation or partnership. Change account titles or format as needed. Spreadsheet calculates subtotals and totals for specified period.
- Business plan templates—from Microsoft Office.
- Cash flow budget template—worksheet for 6-month cash budget includes most inflows outflows. Modified as needed.
- Customer account statement template—track charges and payments on customer’s account, send at month end to remind of balance due.
- Daily cash sheet template—plug in daily amounts and spot discrepancies (from theft, misrecorded credit-card purchases, etc.).
- Income statement template—for a sole proprietorship can be modified for corporation or partnership. Change account titles or format as needed. Spreadsheet calculates subtotals, totals and net income for specified period.
- Loan application and bank review form template—shows what the bank will ask for and how it will use your data to make a decision on your loan.
- Monthly bank reconciliation template—plug in bank balance, deposits in transit, etc. and ledger Cash balance for instant totals that show if the amounts reconcile.
Personal bank statement template—when owner’s financial position is required. Spreadsheet asks for the typical information (personal assets, liabilities, sources of income, etc.). Fill it out, get a snapshot of how you look.
Calculators and Conversion Tables
- Amortization calculator—Also a mortgage calculator that lets you keep recalculating based on a higher down-payment or added amounts to monthly payments.
- Bonus calculator—aggregate method. Uses regular federal withholding rates. Use if your state allows the aggregate method. Free registration required.
- Bonus calculator—percent method. Uses supplemental withholding rates. Use if your state does not have a supplemental withholding rate and permits the percent method. Free registration required.
- Car lease payment calculator—lays out the future costs of an auto lease.
- CD calculator—shows payout at maturity based on initial deposit, interest, term and period of compounding (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Currency converter—converts any currency into any other.
- Financial Calculators—Any financial calculator you need.
- Gross-up calculator—when you want an employee’s bonus to include payment of the taxes the employee would have had to pay on the bonus. Free registration required.
- Hourly employee paycheck calculator—includes filing status, deductions, state withholding, exemptions, other withholding etc. Free registration required.
- Loan calculator—calculates loan payment amounts; savings and annuity amounts and future value.
- Mathematical functions—from basic to PhD level.
- Measurement converter—converts any measure to any other.
- Monthly compounding calculator—takes an amount and compounds it monthly over a fixed period at a fixed annual yield. Allows added monthly contributions.
- Monthly mortgage payment table calculator—generates a table of monthly payments.
- Number of days calculator—calculate the number of days between any two dates.
- Public employee paycheck calculator—for federal, state, and local governments. Free registration required.
- Roth IRA—conversion calculator.
- Time zones—zone-by-zone times worldwide.
- Tip tax calculator—if your employees receive tips. Free registration required.
- Business forms—download invoices, purchase orders, check requests, etc.
- Legal forms—contracts, loan documents, and other forms by state.
IRS Current Forms and Publications
- Tax withholding and estimated taxes—Publication 505.
- Withholding tables—Publication 15-T.
- 1099 A and C Instructions (2009)
- 2009 W-2 and W-3 Instructions (does not include forms).
- Employer-provided benefits—how to tax, Publication 15-B Fringe Benefits.
- I-9—pdf of Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Internal Revenue Manual.
- IRS forms (8109-B etc.) by mail—instead of pdfs or online.
- Market Segment Specialization Program Audits—obtain a copy of the IRS Examiner Training Manuals for your industry or profession.
- Standard Mileage Rates for 2009
IRS—by Industry or Profession
- Agriculture—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Automotive—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Bartering Tax Center—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Construction—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Entertainment—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Gas Retailers—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Manufacturing—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Money Services Business (MSB) Information Center—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Real Estate—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Restaurants—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Tax professionals—IRS rules, regulations and resources
IRS Prior-Year Forms and Publications
- 1992 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 1993 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 1994 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 1995 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 1996 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 1997 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 1998 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 1999 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 2000 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 2001 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms.
- 2002 forms and publications.—hard-to-find forms
- 2003 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms
- 2004 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms
- 2005 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms
- 2006 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms
- 2007 forms and publications—hard-to-find forms
Nonprofit Organizations (NPOs)
- Accounting regulations—for NPOs, including governmental entities.
- Accounting standards—for NPOs.
- California Association of Nonprofits—offers numerous resources for NPO’s.
- Contributions—FASB Pronouncement No. 116 “Accounting for Contributions Received and Contributions made”
- Databases—how to choose the right one for your NPO; what to look for in a database.
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR NPOs.Financial Accounting Regulation for Nonprofit Organizations
- Financial statements—FASB 117 “Financial Statement of Not-For-Profit Organization.”
- Form 990—how to read it and what it means.
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board—for government entities.
- Depreciation—rate tables with explanations.
- Discounts rate—and secondary rates and seasonal rates for all months and years from the Federal Reserve Bank
- EIC (or EITC)—how to use the income tax withholding and advance earned income credit (EIC) payment tables.
- FASB (Financial Standards Accounting Board)—full, summary and status of all statements
- IRS interest rates for under-/overpayments—updated monthly.
- Tax due dates—federal, state dates for corporations, fiduciaries, individual, partnerships, payroll tax returns, and sales tax returns.
- Accounting software buyer’s guide—lists available software with company address, phone number and thumbnail description.
- Accounting software—tells you which kind of accounting your business or client needs.
- Payroll software buyer’s guide—lists available softw4are with company address, phone number and thumbnail description.
- Tax software buyer’s guide—lists available software with company address, phone number and thumbnail description.
Are you looking for easy accounting tutorial? Established since 2007, Accounting-Financial-Tax.com hosts more than 1300 articles (still growing), and has helped millions accounting student, teacher, junior accountants and small business owners, worldwide.
Accounting10 years ago
Check Payment Issues Letter [Email] Templates
Accounting10 years ago
What is Journal Entry For Foreign Currency Transactions
Accounting6 years ago
Accounting for Business Acquisition Using Purchase Method
Accounting10 years ago
How To Calculate And Record Depreciation [of Fixed Asset]